Monday, December 21, 2009

Inspirational Curry Italian Sausage

These first three videos provided the inspiration for this entire blog. I was at home, sick, and I made an unusual Italian sausage for lunch. I wanted to share the "curry dog," so I took some iPhone pictures. Then, I realized that my new 3GS could take video, too! I switched to video, and here we are today, on the internet.

This lunch was delicious, but not nutritious. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I hope you do, too.

Greg


-Italian sausage on toasted Challah roll with grilled onions and panang curry sauce





-Italian sausage on toasted Challah roll with grilled onions and mayonnaise.

2 comments:

  1. This is an interesting sausage meal. I don't know if the curry sauce is store bought. If not, it would be good to include the recipe for it on the blog. If it is store-bought, maybe give the brand and store where it can be purchased? Good luck on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this case, the panang curry sauce was from leftover Thai takeout, but it is a real easy curry to make! You need coconut milk, sugar, red curry paste, and fish sauce. Both red curry paste and fish sauce can be found in your local megalomart in the Asian foods section. The best think about panang is that it is quick, easy, and simply divine. Here is a link to a recipe that is very similar to how I make it (by feel) and a video of a traditional preperation. Thanks for the suggestion! In the future, I'll add some instructions.

    Greg

    Recipe: http://www.thaitable.com/Thai/recipes/Beef_Panang.htm

    Cool demo (and more than I do): http://www.youtube.com/watchv=1nQXiPRvZ4E&feature=fvw

    ReplyDelete