Monday, January 18, 2010

Buffalo Wings Redux

Originally, this was intended to be a pure video-blog, but the incompleteness of the clips has led to additional writing portions that are longer than the videos themselves. Therefore, using the last set of chicken wings from the Costco purchase described multiple times before, I set out to show how I make buffalo chicken wings from start to finish.

However, since I film these things myself, I could not film myself cutting the chicken wings into drummettes and wingettes. You can find how to prep the chicken itself in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnahgARLdsU

I'm out of wings, so there will be no more wings blog entries for a while. If you're not inspired to make your own buffalo wings, there's little else that I can do for you. Seek help. Try good ole Alton Brown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HX6q61JWR4&feature=related. I will admit, that his wing preparation is much more involved than my own (he actually steams his wings before baking them), but as always, his advice makes good sense.

Greg

-Buffalo chicken wings, in action:


-Removing the wings from the oven:


-The proper technique for Buffalo-ing your wings:


-The result of all that not-so-hard work:


-Gone in seconds:



No comments:

Post a Comment